If you are serious about implementing a Business Continuity Management System that is compliant with ISO 22301, then you should consider the following Top 10 Tips:-
- Get commitment and support from your senior management.
- Engage the whole business with good internal communication.
- Compare existing business continuity management system with ISO 22301 requirements.
- Get feedback from customers and suppliers on current business continuity management processes.
- Create an implementation project team to keep things on track.
- Map out and share roles, responsibilities and timescales.
- Adapt the basic principles of the ISO 22301 standard to fit your business.
- Maintain staff involvement with training and incentives.
- Share ISO 22301 knowledge and encourage staff to train as internal auditors.
- Regularly review your ISO 22301 system to make sure it remains effective and you are continually improving it.
KRYPSYS specialises in helping organisations implement management systems compliant with ISO 22301.