Krypsys has a long pedigree as a leading European specialist in Barracuda’s WAF technology and we are applying this experience and expertise to help ADC customers. If you would like to find out how these solutions could help you protect and optimise your web applications, please feel free to attend this lunch-time webex event. Reserve a place on this Webex by using the booking form below.
Webex scheduled for:-
- Tue 8th July 2014 | 1:00pm – 1:40pm
One question we’re often asked at Krypsys is what’s the difference between traditional load balancers and Application Delivery Controllers? Well, both products serve a similar purpose – to direct traffic to different servers based on availability and load. However, the best ADCs, like the one we recommend from Barracuda, go further; in fact they offer a number of competitive and cost-effective advantages over regular load balancers. Application Deliver Controllers are ideal for optimising application performance and availability. You could say that they are the heart and soul of modern day data centres.
Barracuda ADC overview
Barracuda Load Balancer ADC traces its lineage to the field-tested Barracuda Load Balancer and award-winning Barracuda Web Application Firewall. All the application deployment guides, certifications, and application expertise gained from deploying thousands of Barracuda Load Balancers carries over to the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC. It also leverages the Barracuda Web Application Firewall’s global security footprint by utilising the same anonymised attack data to secure applications
Using health and performance checks, the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC distributes traffic among servers for efficient use of server resources and provides server failover for high-availability. Advanced features for application optimisation, geo-based load balancing, and integrated security put the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC far above other solutions for both performance and value.
- The Barracuda Load Balancer ADC is ideal for optimising application performance. It offloads compute-intensive SSL transactions from the server, preserving resources for applications. In addition, optimisation features such as caching, compression, and TCP pooling enable faster application delivery and ensure scalability.
- Application Security provides superior protection against data loss, DDoS, and all known application-layer attack modalities. Automatic updates ensure comprehensive security for existing and emerging Layer 7 threats such as Cross-site Scripting (XSS), SQL injections (SQLi), and Cross-site Request Forgery (CSRF).
- Using health and performance checks, the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC distributes traffic for efficient use of server resources and employs server failover for high availability. Global Server Load Balancing allows redundancy across multiple sites enhancing availability and speeding disaster recovery.
- Content routing and content rewrites enable full control of application traffic and customised application delivery based on users, regions, and/or devices. Client controls gives administrators the ability to throttle requests to ensure application availability even during periods of heavy traffic.
Barracuda’ Application Delivery Controller provides all of the above advanced features in a single, high-performance platform. For networking, it features Layer 4 throughput of up to 10 Gbps, a maximum of 32 networking ports, 10Gbps connectivity, and fibre and copper options: for customers that want to deliver applications from public or private clouds, virtual appliances are also available.
However, what truly sets Barracuda’s ADC solution apart from other application delivery controllers is the inclusion of advanced application security technology: the same technology that has proven itself in thousands of real-world deployments as the Barracuda Web Application Firewall. Thanks to this integrated security feature-set, Barracuda Load Balancer ADC can also:
- Provide masking of sensitive data such as credit cards and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in web pages being served to users
- Protect against Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, OWASP Top 10, and other known application-layer attacks
We are now taking bookings for limited places. To reserve a place please complete the booking form below. Please indicate which event you are booking for.